Friday, March 2, 2018

Whoa! We're Halfway There!

Assignment 14A
1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? 
Honestly, there hasn’t been too much struggle for me with this class. I think the main reason for me is because I’m naturally entrepreneurial, but there are some behaviors that you can start trying to make habit to become more entrepreneurial.  The biggest one is to just think differently and to just be fearless.  Everyone might make fun of your idea or say that it’s not a good idea, but if it is to you than you should keep running with it!

2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?

It’s not that I felt like giving up, but I switched my idea almost halfway through because my original idea wasn’t giving me that tingle in my pingle kind of tingle anymore.  So my new idea did that for me and I think it’s actually a better idea so that’s kind of what pushed me through.  I’ve always had a tenacious attitude but sure, it has become more prominent for this class maybe.  No real experience besides it’s keeping me honest and on top of the idea.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?
Three tips I have for you is 1) be fearless, 2) be uniquely you and 3) have fun with the class because it’s a cool way to interact with peers and get your ideas out in to a real conversation.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jeremiah. I think you bring up a great idea when you talking about approaching the ideas in this class with a sense of fearlessness. I learned that when I stopped comparing my ideas with those of my classmates, I felt I had a lot more freedom to let my ideas flow freely as we come up with various business ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremiah, I think you're definitely onto something with your approach to this class. I think you have to be fearless to succeed in entrepreneurship and in life because plenty of people will take the time to put you down or scare you away, but persistence in the face of adversity is how one truly becomes successful. Its great that your tenacity gave you the ability to be honest with yourself about your idea and any changes needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, I really like the phase be uniquely you. Sometimes I get lost in trying to replicate some of my favorite idols. I am unique and there is value in rarity. I recently discovered how fun class can be, and it really exciting to know that I have the choice to make these assignments fun.

    ReplyDelete