Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Idea Napkin No. 2


Assignment 19A
1) YouWho you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
Hey, hey, hey it’s ya boy Thick Jer back at it again with a new idea napkin.  For real though, I’m Jeremiah.  Y’all know me still the same OG, but I been low-key cheated on by most these people with no cheese.  My talents include quoting random tadbits of quotes from movies and TV shows, as well as a lot of random lyrics and pop culture references.  Like I mentioned in the last napkin (speaking of which, I love that it’s called an idea napkin.  Like, we’re writing on a napkin or something like I’m JK Rowling and the napkin is my Hogwarts/Harry Potter.  Unreal.), I’m a creative dude that likes to write and an excellent communicator.  I moved from Pennsylvania to Florida for school and still have my permanent residence there, but I like to travel and move so that’s a cool experience about me.  The role that this business idea would play in my life it would make me rich and famous probably, but what I really want it to do is change the world and how we perceive history (as well as shape it).
2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs). 
The product I’m offering is a virtual reality time machine concept.  The unmet need is everyone wants to see history and if they did something differently that they could have done would have played out.  What if I didn’t mess up the SATs?  What if, what if, what if?  All these what ifs could finally go away!
3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
The demographic that this would hit is literally anyone, but most specifically the dreamers of the millennial generation.  Maybe even a little bit of the baby boomers.  The people it would hit are interested in history and pop culture, and they all love things and experiences that are new, even in a known kind of environment.
4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service. 
Consumers care for so many reasons.  This is cutting edge technology, on par with Elon Musk and what he and SpaceX are doing with rockets and space and Mars.  Also, it’s a new and fresh form of entertainment, which is always looking to innovate and expand.
5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has? 
I don’t know what to call it or how to describe it, but I have that “it” factor.  I just have “it.”  That’s not me just saying that either, a bunch of my fellow students can tell you that about me.  Another thing going is that I’m me.  I’m the only person like me.  (And you are you, and no one else is like you.)  I’m like Elon Musk, but on steroids (and a lot less money). 
In addition to these five elements, please spend a paragraph evaluating whether you believe these elements fit together or whether there are aspects of your business concept that are weaker / out-of-joint with the others. 
I think everything in this business concept work together to form the perfect combination and elements to make this thing successful.  I think anything I do is successful even if I fail though, so I’m kind of egotistic like that so take it for what you think and let me know in the comments below.
For the "feedback memo" -- please summarize at least two main points that you took away from the feedback you received. Also, please describe how you incorporated the feedback into this idea napkin. 
I only got one comment on my feedback for the last napkin and he basically said that I did a really good job and have a lot of confidence, which is true.  But I switched my idea since the last napkin and I had to have even more confidence in this idea, which I incorporated in the napkin.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeremiah. First of all, that picture at the top is legendary, that song is legendary, and you're a legend for casually throwing in those bars to start the post. Respect boss. Now, I love some of the info you put for the five points. I think in terms of your human capital living out of state sets you apart from a large portion of students. It may seem stupid, but maybe living in Pennsylvania or having family out of state could give you some advantage for your idea? How do you think moving and living on your own has helped you understanding of people? your market? Maybe there is no advantage at all? I think people who understand the ambiguity of the "it" factor will always appreciate you saying that, because sometimes it can hard to verbalize the idea that you know you bring something different to the table (even if you yourself don't know what that "it" is).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeremiah! I like what you did with your second idea napkin, and your introduction was a great hook. I think your product idea is amazing and revolutionary, and I think it's capable of being incredibly successful because, as you said above, it could literally be targeted at anyone. As far as constructive criticism, I would just say maybe try and identify some specify target market parameters now to make your marketing approach easier in the long run.

    ReplyDelete