Thursday, February 8, 2018

Solving the Problem


8A: Solving the Problem

As a fan of The Office and It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, I’m very well versed in business ideas and ventures that the employees and gang takes on.  Whether it’s the Always Sunny gang getting involved in a ponzi-scheme or fraudulent steak restaurant, or Michael creating his own paper company, finding an opportunity and taking it is something that I have grown by watching my favorite TV shows.

Be that as it may, the two opportunities that I have seen a while doing the previous exercises are consolidating social medias to one app and a social media for screenwriters.  I’m going to focus on both, but originally my social media opportunity was broader.  Wouldn’t it be great if instead of a new social media for screenwriters to connect there was just an app for where they could just find each other on the social medias they already have?


The product I’m proposing is an app for screenwriters that they can connect through all of their social medias.  So instead of having a completely different social media, the screenwriter would sign up for this app and log into all of their social medias so that they can find and connect with other screenwriters.  This would eliminate a new social media that people would feel like they had to log into, and would rather solve the problem without creating a new problem.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jeremiah, I absolutely love the idea for screenwriters, especially because I have pondered similar ideas for creators and entrepreneurs in other industries. I do not know how effective it would be to consolidate mutliple apps or run your idea through a pre-existing app, but even if there was a page or community centered on one platform, your idea has loads of potential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremiah, your idea of integrating social media into the profession of screenwriters to connect them is really innovative. I think a specific social media application for screenwriters to connect creates a an increase in potential connectivity compared to connecting through regular social media applications. My only concern is that the target group for this opportunity may not represent a big enough market segment worth exploiting. Moreover, I thought you made an excellent point that this product solves a problem without creating a new one, and its a great example of the entrepreneurial thinking process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeremiah, I like your opportunity. It's unique. Unfortunately, I'm not a screenwriter, but this app would be highly beneficial towards their creativity and future business. This opportunity would allow for screenwriters to associate and possibly exchange visionaries among counterparts. Screenwriters would join partnerships toward the creation of large films. This would be a huge benefit to film producers as well. Maybe you could broaden the customer outreach into producers, creative directors, actors, extras and so on. By broadening the customer window you will gain more exposure, therefore more app views and increased revenue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeremiah, I recently download Bitmoji for Snapchat. What I like about your idea is that it links all social media apps, similarly to Bitmoji linking up with snapchat. When I make real connection with people, it is usually in person. I can be way more personable when I am talking face to face with someone than over an app. If you can find a way to make this app really personable and convenient for meeting up with other business screenwriters, I feel this app could be an effective way to connect.

    ReplyDelete