Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Started From the Beginning Now We Here


Assignment 30A
1) Read through your posts from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- the fun moments, and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments of dread.
Wow.  What a crazy semester of ups and downs.  A lot of fun, some bad moments, and overall learning experience.
2) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
One thing that sticks out to me is that I’m more okay to fail because that’s a learning lesson for all good entrepreneurs.  Also, I can make something that seems not fun be super fun if I just allow myself to.  Mindset is everything.  My most favorite experience is telling my experiences with others and them having similar problems or triumphs.  That’s very comforting.  Lastly, I’m most proud of my idea.  A lot of good feedback and interest in the idea, which is really awesome for me to feel that kind of excitement from others about my idea.
3) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
I personally have always thought myself as an entrepreneur, kind of as that scrappy-go-to-work-and-get-yours kind of guy, but yes I do even more so now.  I think if this were a matrix and on one side is entrepreneur and on the other was not-an-entrepreneur I am so far to the entrepreneur side now, whereas before I was more towards the middle.
4) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?
Have fun with this class.  Find what you’re passionate about and create something that you’re interested in.  It can be anything.  I’m an 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s nerd.  I love video games and where they’re heading and I love movies.  So a time machine VR game was the obvious choice, even though it might seem ridiculous.  Don’t be afraid to get weird with it and just enjoy it.  Also, stay on top of your assignments.  I tried to do them early in the week so I wouldn’t have to worry about them, and the one week I don’t do that I forget about because I was too busy.  Stay on top and get it done as soon as you can.  Also, just have an open mind.  This won’t only help you to have an entrepreneur mindset, but also to help you in every aspect of life.

3 comments:

  1. Time has flown by! This semester has been filled with up, down and turnarounds. I agree with you, this semester has been filled with plenty of fun. One of the takeaways from this semester is the underlying concept of failure. It is perfectly okay to fail. Actually, failure is the propeller for growth. It is refreshing to hear you state your level of growth since the beginning of the semester. This course has positively transformed my mindset. For incoming students it is important to structure adequate amount of time to study and complete assignments to be successful in this course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremiah, I must agree that this semester has been quite the learning experience. This class also showed me that failure is a good learning lesson for successful entrepreneurs! I think its really great that you took a lot away from this class and how it refined your entrepreneurial mindset, as I said something similar to this in my post. I really like your advice to "get weird with it and just enjoy it" because it furthers the advice I gave, which was to embrace the experience of this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was awesome to see your idea progress throughout the semester, love the pictures. It made your post fun to read and go through. I love it. Go for passion and keep striving to better yourself.

    ReplyDelete